1. All Stories
  2. Politics
  3. Economy
  4. World
  5. Nuclear
  6. Society/Culture
  7. Space/Science
  8. Sports
  9. Tourism
  10. Other Media
  11. Videos
  12. Photos
  13. Cartoons
  14. Interview
    • فارسی
    • عربی
    • Türkçe
    • עברית
    • Pусский
  • RSS
  • Telegram
  • Instagram
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • All Stories
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • World
  • Nuclear
  • Society/Culture
  • Space/Science
  • Sports
  • Tourism
  • Other Media
  • Videos
  • Photos
  • Cartoons
  • Interview

18 Killed as Car Bomb Rocks Eastern Afghan Town: Official

  • May, 27, 2017 - 14:33
  • Other Media news
18 Killed as Car Bomb Rocks Eastern Afghan Town: Official

TEHRAN (Tasnim) - At least 18 persons were killed Saturday when a suicide car bombing struck a crowded area in Afghanistan's eastern Khost city, a local security official said.

Other Media

The target of the attack was local security guards known as Campaign Forces and several civilians were also affected by the blast, the source told Xinhua news agency anonymously.

The blast occurred near a taxi stop where the guards were arriving to go to Chapman Camp, a military base run by the United States and NATO forces in the outskirts of the city, he said.

Several people were also injured by the attack in the city, capital of Khost province bordering Pakistan.

No group has claimed responsibility for the attack so far.

The attack came on the day as Afghans prepare to mark the first day of Ramadan, the Muslim holy month during which the faithful avoid eating and drinking from dawn to dusk.

 
R7839/P42329
Read more
Taliban Raid Kills 20 Policemen in Southern Afghanistan
Afghanistan’s Northern Town Falls to Taliban
Bomb Blast Occurs Near Army Base in Afghanistan
tasnim
tasnim
tasnim
  • About
  • Contact Us
  • Most Visited
  • Archive
Follow Us:
  • RSS
  • Telegram
  • Instagram
  • Twitter
  • Facebook

All Content by Tasnim News Agency is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.