1. All Stories
  2. Politics
  3. Economy
  4. World
  5. Nuclear
  6. Society/Culture
  7. Space/Science
  8. Sports
  9. Tourism
  10. Other Media
  11. Videos
  12. Photos
  13. Cartoons
  14. Interview
    • فارسی
    • عربی
    • Türkçe
    • עברית
    • Pусский
  • RSS
  • Telegram
  • Instagram
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • All Stories
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • World
  • Nuclear
  • Society/Culture
  • Space/Science
  • Sports
  • Tourism
  • Other Media
  • Videos
  • Photos
  • Cartoons
  • Interview

US Manufacturing ‘Fraudulent Case’ for Invasion: Cuban Foreign Minister

  • May, 18, 2026 - 14:56
  • Other Media news
US Manufacturing ‘Fraudulent Case’ for Invasion: Cuban Foreign Minister

TEHRAN (Tasnim) – Cuban Foreign Minister Bruno Rodriguez Parrilla accused the US of fabricating a pretext for a potential invasion following an Axios report claiming that the island had acquired attack drones from Russia and Iran.

Other Media

Earlier this month, US President Donald Trump had suggested that Cuba could become Washington’s next target after the aggression against Iran.

Rodriguez Parrilla described the Axios report as an attempt to concoct a “fraudulent case to justify the ruthless economic war against the Cuban people and, eventually, military aggression.”

He added that Cuba “neither threatens nor desires war”, RT reported

“Certain media outlets are playing along, spreading slanderous claims and publishing insinuations leaked by the US government,” the minister said.

The US imposed an oil embargo on the Caribbean island in February, prompting blackouts and fuel shortages, and has repeatedly threatened military action.

On Sunday, the US-based outlet Axios cited classified intelligence reports alleging that Cuba had acquired more than 300 drones since 2023 and had discussed possible attacks on the US naval base at Guantanamo Bay, American warships, and Key West Air Force Base in Florida.

A senior US official told Axios that the White House views Cuba’s potential use of drones as “a growing threat.”

The outlet added, however, that US officials do not consider Cuba an imminent threat and do not believe Havana is actively planning an attack.

Russia, which has maintained close ties with Cuba since Soviet times, including a long history of military cooperation, did not confirm supplying drones to Havana. Russian President Vladimir Putin has condemned the US blockade of Cuba as unacceptable, while the Russian Foreign Ministry has said Moscow is prepared to provide the island with “political, diplomatic, and material support.”

Last week, CIA Director John Ratcliffe paid a rare visit to Havana, reportedly pressing for reforms. According to media reports, Washington has demanded that Cuba liberalize its political system and transition from socialism to a market-based economy.

 
R7839/P
Read more
Cuba Says Oil, Diesel Supplies Have Run Dry under US Sanctions
tasnim
tasnim
tasnim
  • About
  • Contact Us
  • Most Visited
  • Archive
Follow Us:
  • RSS
  • Telegram
  • Instagram
  • Twitter
  • Facebook

All Content by Tasnim News Agency is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.