1. All Stories
  2. Politics
  3. Economy
  4. World
  5. Nuclear
  6. Society/Culture
  7. Space/Science
  8. Sports
  9. Tourism
  10. Other Media
  11. Videos
  12. Photos
  13. Cartoons
  14. Interview
    • فارسی
    • عربی
    • Türkçe
    • עברית
    • Pусский
  • RSS
  • Telegram
  • Instagram
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • All Stories
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • World
  • Nuclear
  • Society/Culture
  • Space/Science
  • Sports
  • Tourism
  • Other Media
  • Videos
  • Photos
  • Cartoons
  • Interview

Russian Ministers Urge Baku, Yerevan to End Hostilities in Nagorno-Karabakh

  • April, 04, 2016 - 18:11
  • Other Media news
Russian Ministers Urge Baku, Yerevan to End Hostilities in Nagorno-Karabakh

TEHRAN (Tasnim) – The Russian defense and foreign ministers contacted the defense ministers of Armenia and Azerbaijan on Monday and reiterated Russian President Vladimir Putin's call to stop violence in Nagorno-Karabakh.

Other Media

Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said Monday that he and Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu had contacted their counterparts in Baku and Yerevan to express concerns over the conflict unfolding in Nagorno-Karabakh.

"Minister Shoigu and I contacted our colleagues in Baku and Yerevan — the foreign and defense ministers of both countries. We expressed our grave concern and reiterated the Russian president's call to immediately stop violating the ceasefire regime," Lavrov told reporters.

"We hope that our calls were heard," he added, as reported by Sputnik News.

On April 2, Azerbaijan and Armenia reported intensified fighting in the disputed Nagorno-Karabakh region. The sides accused each other of violating the ceasefire agreement which had been in place since 1994.

The conflict in Nagorno-Karabakh began in 1988, when the Armenian-dominated autonomous region sought to secede from the Azerbaijan Soviet Socialist Republic, before proclaiming independence after the Soviet Union's collapse in 1991. In September 2015, the conflict escalated, with the sides blaming each other for breaching the truce.

 
R36444/P42329
Read more
DM: Iran Open to Help Settle Nagorno-Karabakh Crisis
Nagorno-Karabakh Violence: Deadly Clashes Continue for Third Day
UN: 33 Dead, over 200 Injured in Fighting in Nagorno-Karabakh Region
Azerbaijan Appeals to Int’l Community on Nagorno-Karabakh Conflict
Armenian Defense Ministry Doubts Azerbaijan's Claims on Truce in Karabakh
tasnim
tasnim
tasnim
  • About
  • Contact Us
  • Most Visited
  • Archive
Follow Us:
  • RSS
  • Telegram
  • Instagram
  • Twitter
  • Facebook

All Content by Tasnim News Agency is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.