1. All Stories
  2. Politics
  3. Economy
  4. World
  5. Nuclear
  6. Society/Culture
  7. Space/Science
  8. Sports
  9. Tourism
  10. Other Media
  11. Videos
  12. Photos
  13. Cartoons
  14. Interview
    • فارسی
    • عربی
    • Türkçe
    • עברית
    • Pусский
  • RSS
  • Telegram
  • Instagram
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • All Stories
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • World
  • Nuclear
  • Society/Culture
  • Space/Science
  • Sports
  • Tourism
  • Other Media
  • Videos
  • Photos
  • Cartoons
  • Interview

Russia-US Talks on Aleppo in Progress, But No Agreement Yet: Ryabkov

  • December, 12, 2016 - 13:06
  • Other Media news
Russia-US Talks on Aleppo in Progress, But No Agreement Yet: Ryabkov

TEHRAN (Tasnim) - Consultations between Russian and US experts on the situation in Syria, and particularly Aleppo, are continuing, a Russian Foreign Ministry official said.

Other Media

"There is some progress, but there are no agreements ... we are still facing a case in which the United States is trying to use this channel to influence the situation on the ground for its own benefit," Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Sergey Ryabkov said, Russia Today reported.

Progress during the latest meeting in Switzerland, which is being held behind closed doors, is "moving slowly," the diplomat said, but added that negotiations would continue.

Head of the US State Department's Press Office, Elizabeth Trudeau also said on Sunday that she had "nothing to announce at this time."

Earlier in the day, there were reports that Washington and Moscow allegedly "tabled a proposal to rebels in Aleppo that would offer safe passage from the city for fighters." According to a Reuters report, citing three opposition officials from Aleppo rebel groups, the proposal promised rebel fighters a "secure" and "honorable" withdrawal from the city.

Yet, the Russian deputy foreign minister refuted media reports about the alleged agreement. "No joint proposal on any agreements to be put on the table and to be considered by the opposition exists," Ryabkov said, adding that meanwhile Russian forces in Syria are doing everything possible to allow safe passage to civilians seeking to leave the city.

"What is reported by western agencies is not necessarily true... issues of militants leaving are the subject of separate agreements with the United States," Ryabkov said adding, "this agreement has not yet been reached mainly due to the fact that the US insists on unacceptable parameters in terms of a ceasefire which would, in fact, provide full freedom of movement to those who the Syrian forces are currently fighting."

 
R36444/P42329
Read more
Russia Has Evacuated Nearly 80,000 Civilians from Aleppo since Liberation Began
Syrian Troops Seize Key Neighborhood in Aleppo
Kerry Calls on Syrian Opposition in Aleppo to Make First Step toward Peace
Militant Shelling Kills Nine Civilians, Injures Dozens in West Aleppo
tasnim
tasnim
tasnim
  • About
  • Contact Us
  • Most Visited
  • Archive
Follow Us:
  • RSS
  • Telegram
  • Instagram
  • Twitter
  • Facebook

All Content by Tasnim News Agency is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.